Sunday 4 May 2014

Bristol Flea Market

Today I visited my first flea market. I've been to a few car boot sales and been disappointed that nearly every stall has the same old junk - I always hope that I'll find something marvellous but I never do. So I searched Google for my nearest flea market and found that there was one in Bristol which is not far from where I live. When I got there I realised this was no boot sale...



I was looking for a distinctive watch but I didn't want to pay too much for it. On one of the first stalls was this Bvlgari watch which the stallholder assured me was a fake. I'd never even heard of Bvlgari so I wasn't fussed and at £4 it was just what I was looking for. After I got home I checked online and it turns out that it may not be a fake - I'm going to take it to a jewellers next week and I'll report back.

My next find was this lush feng shui compass. I'm not into feng shui but I am into lush:




It was marked £32 and I got it for £25. Those of you in the know will probably tell me it's worth a fiver. Whatever... I like it.


Last item is this equally lush Chinese willow-wood box for £10:



I collect Japanese stationery (more about that in a future post) so the box will be ideal for my 'special pens'. Sorry, that sounded really sad...


Catch you later!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment