Monday 29 September 2014

Bridgwater Fair


 
Last weekend I visited Bridgwater Fair for the first time. Even though I've lived near Bridgwater for years I've never been to the fair or the carnival. The fair has been around for quite a while - the first one was in 1249 and it's been on the same site for over 600 years.

There are 45 rides, 50 stalls and 100 market stalls. After I'd wandered through the rides I made my way down through the alley way of market stalls in West Street - so many cooking smells mixing with the incense made it smell really exotic! There was loads of stuff for sale; food, clothes, toys, even duvet covers!

Below are a few pics from the night (sorry they're a bit fuzzy - I'd intended to live blog from the fair but there was no mobile internet signal):







Even though I couldn't live blog I've still created this post on my phone using Bloggeroid - I'm looking forward to how it's going to turn out!

Well as it happens, not very well... Bloggeroid lost all my text above the pics so I've had to re-write it all in Blogger on my PC! Better luck next time I hope!

Many thanks to all the fair operators and Sedgemoor District Council for holding the event and providing the historical stuff.

 
Catch you later!
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment